I recently reflected on my life and where I was till now (<— I’m even better than that now!), and why I did it. By the way, those posts are dark (so please don’t read if it could risk being a trigger to you) and I guess that just reflects my life at that time- dark, dull and basically lifeless. Oh how the times have changed. I owe a lot of that to this blog- Crave, you- the readers, my therapist, other healthy blogs and bloggers, my partner and my family & friends. However, what I want to highlight is the impact of reading a spot-on blog post that I could just relate to, and how it could oddly cause such a change in my way of thinking and ultimately, my life.
I thought today I’d do a round up of a different kind- I’d bring together the posts I’ve written as I struggled through my ED (restriction, bingeing etc), anxiety and depression. This is a post purely for you, well and I guess for me too… I want to share these with you so you can bookmark it, pin it or whatever it is you want to do, so that when you’re having a tough time you have these here ready to help you. I want to be that source of help for you, as so many were for me. I am determined to make that difference. I want you to be able to read these posts knowing you’re not alone in this, you’re not going to struggle through it without anyone, and that you will make it out the other end- and be better for it!
So here we go, from me to you. [Prepare for an overwhelmingly large amount of links]
- The Eating Philosophy to which I try to NOW live my life around
- Having that support!
- Stop Calorie Counting
- Restrictions and how it leads to temptation
- How reading Geneen Roth’s ‘Women, Food & God‘ helped me
- Eating Disorder resources– some personally used by me. Please get help
- When people just don’t get it. Yup, it’s going to happen
- Overeating. One of my most popular posts on this blog actually
- What an ED robbed me of, and what it gave me in return
- Why I did it
- Where I was
- Starting on St John’s Wort– I’m still on it three times a day
- Getting that compliment you never want
- Seeing a dietician and psychologist for the first time
- Overcoming a binge attack– for the first time!
- You need self-love
- Anxiety techniques– I’ve stopped doing this but recently re-started the breathing and buddha belly, to chill out throughout the day
- The guilt of eating
- Being in my anxiety ‘zone’
- Giving up the F Word
- Starting my Healthy Thoughts, Healthy Actions pact
- Exposing myself to my problems, instead of avoiding & distracting
- There is a difference between bingeing and just eating too much!
- My bingeing journey
- Using ‘Do’ & ‘Don’t’ language
- Living my life according to my values (not according to my ED)
- Letting go of my ED past– you’ve got to do it
- Changing your mindset
- The cravings for those past forbidden foods DO go away!
- Don’t let one exception turn into the assumption of many
- Weekend Eating– encouraging moderation
- Body Acceptance
- Trusting your body
- Different body types
- Don’t Give Up
- When life interrupts- you’ve got the right intent
I’m terribly sorry for the overload of links but feel free to read all, some or none. I just wanted to make sure I shared all the ones that I think really matter- if you’re after more click on A Helping Hand. I hope this meets you in a good place, or atleast takes you there. If you need to talk please contact me at bekatcrave [at] gmail.com
How have you made a difference? What has made a difference to your life?
Daily Healthy Thought: No matter how insignificant or small I may be, I can make a difference.