Okay guys, so remember when I received this sweet package in the mail? Well lately I’ve been experimenting with the Natvia natural sweetener in the form of my Natvia Baking Pack. And some of my experiments turned out pretty darn good…like this one I gave the the bf to share with his workmates, and to which I’m also going to share with you today. If that doesn’t start your weekend off with a bang, then I don’t know what will 😉
These were actually based off my original triple chocolate brownie recipe with a few adaptions here and there. Plus, they’re even healthier than my original healthified recipe thanks to the stevia addition from Natvia! Oh and Natvia only has like a smidge of the calories of sugar- so that means these brownies are even lower in calories…which means we get more! Yipee!
Serving Size: Makes 16 pieces.
- 1 cup unsweetened apple purée
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup natvia baking pack
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk choc chips
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 175°C. Line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- Place apple purée into a bowl and sift cocoa, flour and baking soda over it.
- Add natvia and salt, and mix until just combined. Make sure you don’t over-mix.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into tin, smoothing out the top. Bake for 15 minutes or so (depending on your oven), or until the centre feels set, but is still a little ‘fudgy’ when you insert a skewer.
- Cool in tin for 5–10 minutes (if you have amazing willpower) before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely before slicing into 16 squares.
Enjoy for the rest of your weekend- if they even last that long.
DAILY HEALTHY THOUGHT: I have a pretty good butt, that I’ve worked super hard for!