What do you do when your exhausted and should be sleeping? Bake! Well that’s exactly what I did the other night. However, I think that’s mostly due to the fact that I had a big pack of Natvia baking pack to use and I was super excited to get baking with it. And things didn’t totally blow up in my face like I thought they would (happy dance!). So that means I’ve got a new recipe to add to the list! This one is low fat, healthy, sugar free and high fibre…oh and did I mention it’s also delicious?
‘Too good to be true’ Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 cookies.
- 1/2 cup of natvia baking pack
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple puree
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of milk choc chips
- Turn a fan forced oven onto 180 degrees celsius.
- Beat apple puree and natvia together in a medium bowl on medium speed until well mixed and natvia slightly dissolves.
- Add egg and continue to beat on a low speed.
- Add flour and baking powder to wet mix, and stir through until combined.
- Pour in choc chips and mix briefly until spread through.
- On a lined tray spoon out roughly 1tbs of mixture to make 12 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Take tray from the oven and allow to cool slightly before indulging. Best eaten warm!
Feel free to change it up a bit with dark or white choc chips, dried fruit or nuts. Plus the wholemeal flour can be subbed for half white if you’d like. Oh and double or triple the recipe for a bigger batch!
Now these are surprisingly good, so try not to eat the batch in one go😉 You’ll enjoy these if you’re into healthy but delicious food, chocolate, sweets or anything edible. So if you like any or all of these things, I demand you make these asap! See what I did there? Plus did I mention that I got the thumbs up from my mum, her bf, my brother (self confessed cookie dough eater) and my bf (self confessed I hate healthy food eater).
Tell me about the best cookie you’ve ever had? Mine would have to be the Cookie Time ones I got in Queenstown!