Yup, the name’s a bit of a mouthful- but it’s so good you’re going to want to shovel mouthfuls of this stuff that are inappropriately sized into your gob. That’s how good this is. And what’s better is how bloomin’ simple it is. I seriously cannot wait to re-create this at home and mix up the vegies. Another great thing about this dish? It’s so versatile! You can have dressing or go naked, more vegies or less vegies, these vegies or those vegies- whatever you want. Okay, enough talk and more recipe? Got it boss 😉
Mediterranean vegetable couscous
- Roasted vegetables of your liking (zucchini, pumpkin, sweet potato, turnips, eggplant, beets- the possibilities are endless).
- Roughly 3/4 cup of dry couscous (this can be plain or a packet of seasoned/flavoured couscous).
- Vinaigrette- equal parts of olive oil and balsamic vinegar (also optional- I prefer mine without)
- Garnishings of mint and parsley (optional again!)
- Roast vegetables and make couscous according to packet instructions.
- Mix vegetables through couscous and add garnishes.
- If desired, top with dressing.
Okay, so the recipe is totally wishy washy but that’s because it’s not really a recipe but more a bunch of ingredients that I’m telling you (thanks to the MIL) absolutely rock when combined. The amount of each ingredient is totally up to you (as is the type in some cases too!). So you’ll be happy to know that it’s a salad you’ll have to taste test a couple of times whilst you’re putting it together- you’re welcome 😉 Ps. When you make this make extra, because I’ll be stopping by for sure!