How is everyone’s Saturday so far? As usual I did a Body Step and Pump class this morning before going to work. We did the new release again, and I definitely saw the difference the instructor can make to the class. I had my usual sweet Saturday morning breakfast (routine freak) before buckling down and spending a decent amount of time on my math assignment. Now it’s lunchtime and I’m looking forward to having this.
The other day I shared with you a recent discussion topic that has come up during my latest psychologist sessions (as well as linking up some other goodies). Obviously there was more than just that for the whole hour (a whole lot), so I thought I’d share some more with you. This will be particularly useful (hopefully) for bingers and for those with cravings…so I’d say that this is a neat trick for anyone and everyone 😉
I call it a Creation and it’s something he suggests I use when I feel an urge to binge coming on. Usually I’ll want to binge for emotional reasons or because I feel there is an abundance of new food in the house and I just wanna
shovel it all in try it all (among many other reasons, obviously). Creations are pretty neat because they allow me to have a bit of everything I feel like, but in the form of something much smaller, more controlled and healthier than a binge. Not to mention it doesn’t bring with it all that mental traumatic crap that binges usually have, but instead pleasant, happy feelings 🙂
What’s really great about the Creation is that you can have whatever you want in it. The one above has plain no fat greek yogurt, choc chips, pb, banana slices, muesli, oats and a crushed biscuit. And right there is 839823492 cravings squashed and 0 binges had. It’s also good because I don’t have any guilt attached to it. Well actually I lie, I have very minimal guilt attached to it. I noticed this tiny bit of guilt the other day during my appointment, when my therapist referred to it as ‘a semi-healthy, semi-not healthy, semi-binge thing’. As soon as he rated/judged the food I backed up. My mind went- oh snap should I not eat this then, shame on me and all those nasty thoughts we should never think about ourselves. I even mentioned to him, that calling it self-not healthy or semi-binge actually makes me not want to have it and even feel guilty for having it. We decided to not judge the food and instead just use it’s name- The creation. (Which is something I and probably you too should try more often).
However although we won’t judge it, we can promote the good perks this delicious creation has to offer:
- Craving satisfaction.
- Acceptance of the food.
- Yum food. Taste sensation!
- Healthy foods and nutrients (depending on your combination of course).
- Being able to have something like a SINGLE biscuit and not feeling like- oh yay one biscuit- isn’t that just totally enough to satisfy me.
- Diversity and variety.
- Freedom to make it whatever you want/feeling that day.
What I usually do is have quite small servings of everything (half a tub of chobani opposed to the whole etc) and if I want more have a second one and use the remaining tub. I feel that is a good method because mentally I feel more satisfied getting two small creations opposed to one large one that would probably be eaten in the same amount of time.
I sort of have a method going with the construction of the creations (very advanced mind you). Most of my creations of late have been fairly similar in ingredients. Here’s the low down:
- Get a base. I usually go with 1/2 a tub of Chobani no fat greek yogurt or some trim milk. Then I usually add some wholegrain oats for texture and belly filling goodness (fibre too!).
- Fill her with fruit. I have enjoyed 1/2 banana sliced or some strawberries. Dried fruit can be used too but I usually add this during the topping stage, because you don’t quite get the same bang for your back as with fresh fruit.
- Add the toppings (best part). My toppings usually involve different textures. A cereal/muesli of some sort, some sort of chocolate (funsize choccy crushed, choc chip bits etc), dried fruit, nuts, biscuit (I’ve been crushing a ginger nut or chocolate biscuit- whatever is in the cupboard that I feel I want).
- Liquid Toppings. I think it’s probably too obvious what syrup like substance I place over my creation, but for those still not in the know-Pb is the shiz and should be eaten at every chance possible. Actually, pb is the only liquid topping I’ve tried on it so far.
Voila! An awesome, totally satisfying treat that won’t break the bank, if you know what I mean.
Work is coming to an end (slowly but surely) and I’m ready for a chilled Saturday night. I have a feeling it’s going to be pretty uneventful since the bf is heading out and I’ll be all on my lonesome. Atleast I have you guys right? 😉
What do you think about this Creation technique? Do you do something similar know already? Tell me what your creation would include?!