Good morning friends! I know it’s early but the reasons for that are an entirely new post in itself. Before we get into pre-race chat you may want to catch up on my blogs from yesterday:
I’m also still in the middle of my Healthy Thoughts, Healthy Actions pact– still plenty of room for more Actually, here are my past daily healthy thoughts, since starting it:
- I won’t let my mistakes define me. Instead I will define myself by what I do after them.
- In order to be patient with others I need to first learn to be patient with myself.
- If I want change, results or improvement- working hard is not enough. I also need to believe that I can do it.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to the person you were yesterday.
- If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.
- Every new day brings a new challenge for me to overcome.
Wow, putting them together like that, re-reading, thinking and reflecting about them really hits home aye? I’m definitely going to need healthy thoughts like this today.
I can’t believe the day of the Stampede is finally here! You can see where I first spoke about and registered for it here, I shared my planned ‘fluro freaks’ outfit and I described some of the obstacles we’ll be facing.
So what else am I planning to do pre-race? Well I’m going to shower, get ready, have this breakfast and pack my gear (ID, waiver forms, change of clothes, deo, DEEP HEAT etc).
Hahaha! I love this!
OH and to get us all in ‘The Stampede’ mode (or scare us shitless?) I thought I’d share some snaps😉
I love the difference between the start and finish pictures! Haha.
DAILY HEALTHY THOUGHT: I will get/make it there in the end. Yup, I think this also applies to the race I’ll be doing today. Doesn’t matter how long it takes- I’ll make it there!
What’s your daily healthy thought? Are you doing the Stampede? Have you ever done a race like this before? I’d love to hear stories!