It’s been a busy day with uni, study and gym. Before I spend some quality time with the man I thought I’d quickly give you all some attention and post a recipe 🙂 Since, I’m a bit short of time- let’s get to it 😉
These are a variation of my original Protein Breakfast Slice.
Vanilla Protein Slice
- 2 cups of wholegrain oats
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbs of chia seeds
- 30g scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used Aussie Bodies Perfect Protein Vanilla)
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of trim milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup of blueberries
- Line a square pan with baking paper. Preheat a fanforced oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix oats, baking powder, chia seeds and protein powder in a large bowl.
- Add mashed banana, eggs, milk and blueberries. Stir till all combined.
- Pour into lined pan and place into oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan.
- Once cooled slice into pieces. I ended up slicing it into 10 pieces.
Enjoy! I actually liked this slice more than the original because the texture wasn’t quite as dense or spongey. Once again, like the original, it isn’t overly sweet so if you’d like feel free to add sugar to the mixture OR alternatively (which is what I’d choose to do if necessary) is eat it with yogurt, fruit salad, honey or some sort of syrup for a bit extra. I popped a couple in the fridge and wrapped the rest to put in the freezer for convenient and long lasting snacks.
The nutritional information would be similar to that of the Protein Breakfast slice but with slightly lower calories due to smaller serving sizes and less ingredients than the original.
Have you been watching the Olympics? What’s your olympic highlight so far? I (with everyone else) love Usain Bolt and enjoyed watching him win the 100m. I also really got into the marathon! Guess it must be all my marathon running I’ve been doing lately 😉