Like the post title? Yep, that creative little number is a product of my intelligent boyfriend’s mind- how did he come up with such ingenious words? Well we have been baking brownies whilst listening to some beats. Yep he is switched on 😉
Before I get into WHAT we were baking I’ll fill you in on my Sunday so far. I’ve been grocery shopping and actually have done very little all day. I had quite a late savoury breakfast (the usual) then a salad for lunch. Included was a bit of leftover taco mince, tofu, lettuce leaves, carrot slices, cucumber and a sprinkle of cheese with a dollop of extra light sour cream on top. Then we got baking. Today’s baking project: Chocolate Toblerone Brownies! With a healthy twist of course.
The final product! Close up of course 😉
These brownies are decadent and very chocolatey, filled with toblerone pieces and use no butter or margarine. They are also low in fat, low kilojoule and low sodium! So you can have you
cake brownies and eat them too 😉 These brownies are slightly different from our Triple Chocolate Brownies. They aren’t as fudgey and have a more cake like consistency to them. They are also richer. Whilst I and the bf prefer the triple chocolate brownies in all their fudgey-ness we definitely still enjoyed these brownies!
Chocolate Toblerone Brownies
Taken and adapted from Healthy Food Guide.
- 3 eggs, separated.
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 200g tub of low fat natural yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 cup of self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 50g Toblerone chocolate bar, cut into small pieces.
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Mix yogurt and vanilla essence together in a small bowl till blended together.
- Then combine egg yolks, sugar, yogurt (with essence already added) and oil in a large bowl. Sift in flour and cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the cocoa mixture till all combined.
- Spread mixture into tin.
- Sprinkle Toblerone pieces over the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in plan for 5 minutes or so before removing and slicing into 24 pieces.
If anyone is interested in the nutritional information you can find the stats below for the original recipe. However, my version has omitted the frozen raspberries, used 3/4 cup of sugar instead of 1 and used natural low fat yogurt + vanilla essence instead of low fat vanilla yogurt.