Since I enjoy getting into the festive season and I always get excited when reading Madi
‘s Christmas-y blog posts, I just had to steal her survey
she did the other day. All in the spirit of Christmas of course
25 Question Holiday Survey
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
What is eggnogg? I would love to try it, but since I’ve never had it and got no idea what the heck it is- Hot Chocolate wins.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped of course. Plus I’m with Madi on this one- it’s the elves that wrap the gifts!
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white?
Coloured! The more colour the better
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but it’d be a good excuse to get a few smooches from someone
5. When do you hang your decorations up?
We use to do it the 1st of December, but my tree is still not up. I guess moving house
will do that to you. We have a few Christmas decorations throughout the house so far and I’m loving it. I feel the need to Christmas-fy every room though haha.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Turkey or dad’s potato salad. I wish to have my way with that potato salad and give it a little makeover (Chobani
7. What is your favorite holiday memory as a child?
Christmas Day at Port Macquarie. Thinking I heard and saw Santa’s shadow- plus heard his sleigh and reindeer bells on the roof. Ha. Basically being with family, great food & always getting the perfect presents.
8. What is on your Christmas wish list?
New Asic Runners, Gift Cards, Camera maybe (which one?!!? Camera noob right here), $$$ for shopping, maybe an AIM 1 training for Body Step?
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
Not usually, but I remember there was atleast one Christmas eve when we were young and eager where we got to open one gift the night before.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
What?! Madi, you put lights on first? Well we lay down the Christmas blanket and set the tree up. Then we add the tinsel and ball balls and the lights last, oh and top with a star. Waitttttt a minute- I think that’s the order? Seriously, what is up with my memory loss
Our tree looks a bit sad since our Star was broken and we need an extension cord for the lights- I’ll show you an updated photo when it’s finalised.
Oh and it’s my goal to one day own my very own Christmas tree and colour coordinate all the decorations- for a bit of a modern Christmas twist
11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
Hmm, not all that really. Too cold for me. But I’ll make an exception for Christmas time in New York (on the travel
12. Real tree or fake tree?
Fake tree. I don’t know anyone around Australia with a real tree!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Ahhh, there’s literally too many. I always receive the perfect gifts. Maybe a Baby Born from when I was younger?
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Seeing family. Soaking in the Christmas season and all that comes with it- the food, Christmas lights, decorations, carols etc.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Mum’s Chocolate Truffles. Drooool…mission: to make these and make my own version.
16. What is your favorite tradition?
Waking up to do presents and Christmas breakfast. I love wrapping gifts and giving them, then watching them open them (Not in a seedy way of course ha).
17. What tops your tree?
A star, always.
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
All I Want for Christmas is You- Love Actually style. Or Jingle Bell rock- yep rock it out baby.
20. Candy canes…yuck or yum?
Haven’t had one in years, but back in primary school. They were the shizz (Pink ones are the best).
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
Christmas with the Kranks or the Santa Claus movies.
22. What do you leave for Santa?
Cookie or a sweet treat and milk usually.
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Wake everyone up and swap gifts! I’m usually the present hander-out-er-er (yes, it’s a word now).
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Not sure what this question is asking. We always wrote Christmas letters to Santa. Ps. Receiving one back in Grade 1 was awesome! I also use to love handing out and receiving cards at primary school (extra bonus points for getting candy canes or chocolate santas!)
Here’s a few snaps from our Christmas lights viewing tonight- we are big dorks so felt the need to feed and pat the reindeers. Ps. Excuse my daggy-ness, looking at xmas lights rock because it’s so dark none can see what you’re wearing
Unless of course, you accidentally alert the home owners sensor light…ha.
- What do you usually leave for Santa?
- Favourite Christmas dessert?
- How do you decorate your tree?