Since I haven’t been hiding under a rock for the last bazillion years I have heard of this neat little contraption called a Vitamix…and hopefully you have to!
I saw a Vitamix display at the Brisbane Fitness & Health Expo and was very impressed with the gadget. But my love for this machine actually started way back when I first started reading blogs, and saw that so many people had one! I knew then and there I had to get one…that was until I saw the price tag. Wowza; these babies are not cheap. But something that costs that much must be amazing right? Well I admit I don’t really know much about it- except that I want one because everyone else has one, plus so many recipes require it and I want to make those recipes!
In the midst of my personal research on the Vitamix I thought I might share some of the details with you, and maybe even get your opinions…if you’re lucky enough to own one yourself or know someone who does. I was actually surprised at how much this product dotes on the fact that it will ‘make you healthy’ or is a healthy lifestyle necessity. I guess it’s the fact that many of its’ functions allow you to make healthy recipes using a healthy cooking method. But I’m sure I could also plop a whole heap of ice-cream, chocolate sauce, pb, chocolate pieces and make something pretty darn awesome out of the machine…not sure whether that fits the ‘healthy’ criteria they are setting haha (But then again healthy is about balance and moderation- so mmm!). But let’s not let our minds go to crazy or we’ll all be craving ridiculous concoctions for dinner.
Here is what I’ve found out about the Vitamix and what it can do:
- Cooks- steaming hot soup, fondue and sauce.
- Juices- whole foods and greens into smoothies and juices.
- Freezes- frozen desserts! AHHHH Possibly the most fabulous function.
- Kneads dough!
- Creates- nut butters (#@$*)*%) dips and salsa!
- Makes dairy free milks
- Chops vegetables, cheese and eggs
- Cleans itself! (in roughly 30 seconds mind you!) <—I did not know about this one. For any of you that own a blender- how much of a b!tC# is it to clean?! Enough to make sure I don’t use it often..
- Can break whole food fibre into microscopic particles that may release even more nutrients and antioxidants.
- Performs over 50 different culinary processes!
- Can do the work of up to TEN other kitchen appliances. Including a blender, food processor, bread maker, juicer, ice-cream maker, ice-crusher, meat grinder, chopper, and grain & coffee grinder.
I realise some of those things may be repeated twice, but let that show the awe I’m in. Is this thing not incredible? [Must Have- Santa?]
Whilst the Vitamix has so many things going for it, my student income still can’t get past the price. I mean it’s ridiculous how much these things are going for in Australia! A hell of a lot more than other countries, I’ll tell you that. But is it all worth it? I guess it’s whether or not I’ll use it enough. I know I want it but will I use it? Hmm here’s a list of things I want to make or can see myself making:
- Nut Butters- almond specifically. Ohhh could I make healthy nutella for the bf?
- Almond milk- unsweetened finally!
- Ice-cream….ahhh yup!
- Smoothies- for the bf..maybe for me? I’m not an overly ‘smoothie’ girl. I like my food solid so I can chew it ;)
I’m obviously going to use this amazing Vitamix machine, but will I use it often enough? Will it just be another novelty that I LOVE and then never use? Hmmm.. decisions decisions- care to help? (First world problems?)
Also if you love companies that are passionate about their products and healthy living- just like Crave- check out the Vitamix facebook page- ahh it puts a smile to my face seeing others (and companies) loving and promoting healthy living! Or if you’re in Australia or elsewhere check out their websites to get one- or do some of your own research. (Ps. After you get one let me know what you think please!)
What are your thoughts on the Vitamix? Do you own one? Would you buy one? Do you know someone who has one?
**I was not paid or reimbursed in any way for this post. This post came out of my own curiosity and love (envy) for the Vitamix product. I did personal research and also contacted the company for more information.**