So being the anal organiser I am, every week I write up a meal planner and grocery list before I get the groceries on Sunday. This is to save money, time and worries about who is cooking what and when and why etc etc. Who am I kidding it’s a chance for me to reign my control muahahah- obviously joking… Anyways, I thought it’d be a bit of fun (or not) to share my typical grocery list with you guys. Now this is for a family of 4- one super health freak (guess who), a brother who eats a whole ton (bulking up bro!), a bf with the oddest eating patterns (burger rings and chocolate cake is not dinner darling) and a mum who eats small portions but LOVES to snack (and she loves to remind us of how little she eats ugh). I don’t buy chocolate, lollies or biscuits, but she usually finds a way to buy some during the week haha. Which I don’t mind since my binges are totally under control lately (yay) and every now and again I can add some to a creation for a special treat!
Yes, it’s even categorised haha!
Okay so here’s the essentials for every week:
- trim milk 2L- for moi
- smarter white 3L for the boys
- chobani- natural
- pink lady apples
- frozen vegies- for brekkys
- fresh bakery white bread
- burgen bread (my fav)- wholemeal and seeds for me
- tuna in springwater x 2
- Soup x 1
- roast something (depending on what’s on special, what we feel like etc) and potatoes, sweet potato, broccoli & cucumber for roast night
- turkey slices
- free range egg cartons x 2
Then usually depending on the dinners I get the meat needed, noodles/rice, vegies, sauces etc.
Here’s a list of things I stock up on every now and again once they’ve run out:
- Macro natural pb- smooth
- Macro natural almond butter
- Brown rice
- Wholemeal english muffins
- Wholemeal wheat thins
- Cooking products: wholemeal flour, choc chips, self raising flour, sugar etc.
- Wholemeal pasta- penne & spaghetti
- Cruskits- rye or corn.
- taco kits
- Nutella- guess who for? Chocolate cake for dinner boy. Ps. I cannot believe just how nasty that stuff is for you, I mean I always knew it wasn’t healthy but omg I won’t even get started. Also, what’s all the fuss about? Not that great- pb and ab is where it’s at.
Okay I think I got everything covered. I guess your one step closer to knowing a little bit more about me and maybe even getting some ideas next time you grocery shop. Keep in mind that this is for four people and I don’t get to dictate everything that’s bought. Roughly, each week this comes to $180-$200, which isn’t bad for four adults.
Ps. I can’t wait to have my own place and get all the groceries I want! A few extra weird and wonderful things would surely be added, that my family would probably poke their tongue out too. When that time comes in my life that I am on my own- I’ll redo a grocery list for you
Oh and because I’m super lame, check out this neat little snack I had last night- are you digging my skills?
That’s right on that spoon is peanut butter and almond butter..I have a spooning gift haha!
Is your grocery list similar to mine? Are you a planner or spontaneous shopper?