I am not an early morning girl but here I am at 7:30am having been up since 6:30am, and not being able to get back to sleep! This is all thanks to my lovely bf who I had to follow to drop his car off to be serviced, and then had to drive to work. Things you do for those you love aye? I guess it’s the least I can do for him after all he does for me. But, I refused to brush my teeth, get dressed or do my hair- so I literally was in my pjs and robe, half asleep trying to drive. I didn’t even bother looking at the cars next to me because it could only mean bad news haha.
But atleast this early morning has allowed me to get in a blog post- normally Tuesday’s are hectic going straight from my gym workouts to uni. Silver lining Today will be a big day at uni but I am just so pumped (and stressed/anxious/nervous, mind you!) that these 2 group presentations will finally be done! It will be a huge weight off my shoulders
On the workout menu for today I’ve got a body combat class and cx. Which reminds me, I should have a look into training workshops for cx and see if one is coming up soon- I’d love to train in another Les Mills, but I am not sure if I should wait till after uni, which is like another 10 weeks away or just do it now and take it slow? My eats for today will probably be a savoury breakfast, toast for my post-gym and pre-uni snack, a salad with some beef and vegetable leftovers from last night, carrot sticks and maybe a vanilla protein slice. Dinner is either a stirfry or casserole. Yum!
Last night I read an article about Five Instant Happiness Boosters. Which got me thinking, what are some things that make me instantly happy? I thought I’d share them in hope that if you ever need a happy pick me up you might try out some of these.
Hehe. Being so happy by the simplest of things.
My Instant Happiness Boosters
- Doing my anxiety techniques- assessing my anxiety levels, buddha belly, breathing waltz and mind control exercise haha, I don’t know what to call that last one. They seriously work wonders.
- Doing something good for someone else. Whenever I surprise someone with something, help out unexpectedly or just do a random good deed it always make me feel better. And most of the time the other person will feel good also!
- Sit out in the sun and just enjoy your surroundings. As of late I am really starting to recognise the beauty around me: the beautiful blue skies, sunny days and nature- It’s an amazing thing. Take a few moments to step outside, soak in the natural beauty around you and relax.
- Complete something. I am definitely one of those go-getters who likes to do stuff early on so it is done. I hate things going un-done because they will constantly linger in my mind. I love the feeling of finishing something; whether it be that chapter you had to read, an assignment or even something little and silly like the dishwasher.
- Being around those you love and cherish. I think this would have to be my favourite booster. There is no greater feeling than spending time with someone you love. The time just seems to escape you though, which would be the only downfall.
So there’s 5 of my instant happiness boosters. If you ever need a pick me up, feel free to use any of them. For some funny reason in a time of sadness or crisis I always find myself feeling uplifted and comforted after reading blog posts. There’s just something about people sharing their life, struggles and happy moments with you that brightens your day.
Have you got any instant happiness boosters to add to my list?